The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Macedonia is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
How to Apply
Take the following steps to apply for a U.S. visa:
Step 1. Determine the type of visa you need to travel to the United States
Information about visa types can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html
Step 2. Complete the DS-160 online visa application form
The DS-160 is an on-line form and can only be completed at https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC. Each applicant must complete this form before scheduling their appointment.
Step 3. Schedule your appointment
Go to https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mk/niv and schedule a consular section appointment:
- Create a user account
- Enter the DS-160 confirmation number for each applicant applying for a Visa
- Complete the courier document return process
- Pay the nonimmigrant visa (MRV) application fee(s)
- Schedule your appointment by choosing a day and time for your appointment with the Consular Section
Step 4. Attend your interview
After your interview, please follow specific instructions provided by the consular section or check this website for visa status and delivery information.
Note: Applicants of a certain age group or those who are renewing a previous U.S. visa may be eligible to apply for a visa without attending a consular interview. Eligibility for the “Interview Waived” program will be determined as the applicant goes through the process of scheduling an appointment through this site. The determination will be made based on the answers provided to the qualifying criteria.
For information regarding how to apply for a nonimmigrant visa or for scheduling an appointment for nonimmigrant visa please call:
- From Macedonia: +389 2 551 7475 or +389 2 510 2460
- From US: +1 703 520 2257
For more information regarding the nonimmigrant visa process please visit https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-mk/niv/information/niv.
Visiting the Embassy
Access and Security Notice
Only applicants with scheduled appointments will be admitted into the Embassy, except children under 18 years of age who may be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and assistants for the disabled.
Please note that the following items are prohibited inside the U.S. Embassy:
- Food and beverages
- Weapons or tools
- Backpacks, luggage, or large purses
- Electronic or recording equipment of any kind, including, but not limited to: laptop computers, cell phones, PDAs, CD’s, MP3 players; and pagers; and oversized strollers;
- Nail files