After you have completed the steps on the Diversity Visa Process on usvisas.state.gov, including submitting the required immigrant visa application form (DS-260), you may receive an email from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) to let you know that an interview has been scheduled for you. The e-mail will instruct you to log into the Entrant Status Check on the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website, using your DV entry confirmation number, to view the date, time and location of your interview.
Once the petitioner, beneficiary, or agent of choice receives the notification with your appointment date respectively from the National Visa Center (NVC) for Immigrant Visa applicants and from the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for Diversity Visa applicants, each and every applicant must register their interview date, and the DHL courier service, in order to return your passport upon completion of your case, and/or document submission if requested by the Consular Officer. Follow these steps:
- Create an Account;
- Select “Register”;
- Select “I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC), Kentucky Consular Center (KCC), or the Consular Section and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site”;
- Continue selecting from the drop-down menu “I need to register an Immigrant Visa appointment”;
- Fill out the data, and your case number*;
- Choose the DHL branch where you would like your passport returned upon completion of your case, and/or any submitted documents if requested by the Consular Officer;
- Select “Continue” and then “Complete Registration”;
- Print out the “Instructions” confirmation page and bring it along with all other documents to the Consular Section. No visa can be issued without this registration.
*If during your registration you receive a message: “The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment”, please allow a few more days until your case number is loaded in the website. This usually happens because you received the appointment letter before your electronic file is sent to the Consular Section. You must try to register again in the next days, but make sure to be registered before your interview date.
You can learn more about the interview process on usvisas.state.gov.