Apply for a Child’s Passport

Passport For Minors (under age 16)

Complete a passport application Form DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport.

Please do not sign the application form for your child, you will be asked to do it in front of a Consular Officer.

Provide proof of U.S. Citizenship:

  • Certified Birth Record or
  • Consular Report of Birth Abroad or
  • Naturalization Certificate or Certificate of Citizenship, or
  • Previous U.S. passport

Present Evidence of Child’s Relationship to Parents/Guardians:

  • Certified U.S. birth certificate (with parents’ names); or
  • Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) (with parents’ names); or
  • Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) (with parents’ names); or
  • Adoption Decree (with adopting parents’ names); or
  • Court Order Establishing Custody; or
  • Court Order Establishing Guardianship.

Provide Parental Identification. Each parent or guardian must submit one of the following:

  • Valid Driver’s License  or
  • Valid Official U.S. Military ID; or
  • Valid U.S. Government ID; or
  • Valid U.S. or Foreign Passport with Recognizable Photo; or
  • Naturalization/Citizenship Certificate from USCIS with Recognizable Photo; or
  • Alien Resident Card from USCIS

Parental signature:

  • Both parents must appear together with the child and sign, or
  • One parent appears, signs, and submits the second parent’s notarized Statement of Consent: Form DS-3053 authorizing passport issuance for the child.
  • One parent may appear and sign if that parent also submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply.

Photo: Your photo must be:

  • In color
  • 2 x 2 inches in size
  • Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
  • Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
  • Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
  • Taken in normal street attire:
    • Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is worn daily
    • Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
    • If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
    • Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)

If your child’s appearance has changed significantly from the photo in the previously issued passport, please bring a series of photographs, about two for each year of your child’s life, which show the development of your child’s appearance.  

What to Expect When You Visit the Embassy

Fee: $135.00. The fee may be paid either in cash, in U.S. dollars or Macedonian Denars or by credit card (accepted credit cards are: Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express and Diner’s). Payment in Euros or with check cannot be accepted.

Important:  If you are applying for a lost or stolen passport of your child, please provide a local report filed with the Police in the area where the theft or loss occurred.

  1. We suggest arriving 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for security checks at the Embassy entrance.
  2. When you arrive, let the guards know that you have an appointment with the American Citizen Services Unit. You will be asked to show a picture ID.
  3. Please do not bring mobile phones, cameras and other electronic devices with you.  If you do, they will need to be left with the guards, which will delay your entry into the embassy.
  4. You will be asked to pass through the metal detector.
  5. Once you enter the compound, you will be directed to the Consular Section.
  6. Inside the Consular Section, our staff will be expecting you at windows
  7. number 8 or 9.

 To Make an Appointment, Please go to Appointment System