Location: Skopje, North Macedonia
Event: Bomb Threats in Skopje
The U.S. Embassy was informed of new emailed bomb threats in Skopje including the Skopje City Mall, the East Gate Mall, the Old City Mall, the Transport Center, Cevahir Sky City apartment complex, the Macedonia Radio and Television Building, and twelve public schools. Law enforcement authorities have evacuated, searched, and subsequently cleared the listed locations.
There has been an increase in reported bomb threats in Skopje and the region, during past months at public transit stations, airports, hotels, shopping centers, sporting centers, and schools. Local law enforcement has been investigating each threat and thus far, all of the bomb threats have been false alarms. If you happen to be at a location that receives a bomb threat, follow the directions of local security personnel and police on-site
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas with active bomb threats.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia
+ (389) 2-310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- North Macedonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security updates
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.