Event: The U.S. Embassy in Skopje, Macedonia alerts U.S. citizens to the heightened risk of terrorist attacks inspired by extremist ideology throughout Europe, particularly during the holiday season. U.S. citizens should exercise caution at holiday festivals and events. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- If you are traveling between countries in Europe, please check the website of the U.S. embassy or consulate in your destination city for any recent security messages.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- S. Embassy Skopje, Macedonia
State Department - Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444