North Macedonia Travel Advisory: North Macedonia – Level 3 Reconsider Travel
Reconsider travel to North Macedonia due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for North Macedonia due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in country. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in North Macedonia.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to North Macedonia:
- See the S. Embassy’s web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Monitor local media and be prepared to adjust your plans quickly.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for North Macedonia.
- S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Last Update: Reissued with updates to COVID-19 Information on June 8, 2021.