Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia (March 27, 2020)
Location: North Macedonia
Event: U.S. Citizens in North Macedonia who wish to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the U.S. become available should provide their information to the United States Embassy by completing this online form. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers. Currently there is no scheduled flight departing North Macedonia.
The Government of North Macedonia has closed all airports in North Macedonia to limit the spread of COVID-19. Land borders with all neighboring countries, including Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, and Serbia, are currently closed. The Government of North Macedonia has not announced an anticipated date for re-opening the airports or borders.
U.S. Embassy Skopje has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
The State Department issued a Level 4 Global Health Advisory on March 19, 2020, recommending U.S. citizens avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19 or prepare to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global Travel Alert for coronavirus.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of North Macedonia’s authorities.
- Monitor local media and visit the websites of the Government of North Macedonia or Ministry of Health for updated information, including mandatory quarantine measures and travel restrictions which may be implemented with little or no notice.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in North Macedonia.
- Read the Centers for Disease Control’s and Prevention guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19 and information on health conditions in North Macedonia.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Contact the local centers for public health by telephone, prior to visiting a hospital or clinic for medical care, if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks. North Macedonia’s Institute of Public Health has provided contact numbers along with other advice for travelers on their
U.S. Embassy Skopje
Str. “Samoilova” Nr.21
Republic of North Macedonia
+389 2 310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444