Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia (June 12, 2020)
Location: North Macedonia
Event: This is an update on public transportation restrictions for the municipalities of Prilep and Tetovo.
UPDATE: Public transportation in the municipality of Prilep is currently limited to two buses on one line. Currently, there are no restrictions on public transportation in the municipality of Tetovo.
New restrictions on movement or social distancing regulations may be put in place with little or no notice. Monitor local media and visit the websites of the Government of North Macedonia or Ministry of Health for updated information
REMINDER: The Government of North Macedonia continues to prohibit entry of foreigners, but will allow exit via land borders if the traveler has permission to enter the neighboring country. Border information and requirements may change with little or no notice. Travelers are advised to monitor the official government websites of neighboring countries for the most up-to-date information regarding their border status and local conditions. U.S. Embassy COVID-19 information pages and travel alerts for neighboring countries can be found on the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov. The Government of North Macedonia has not announced an anticipated date for re-opening land borders or airports.
U.S. Embassy Skopje has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information. We encourage you to use the SkopjeACS@state.gov email to communicate with us.
The State Department issued a Level 4 Global Health Advisory on March 19, 2020, recommending U.S. citizens avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19 or prepare to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global Travel Alert to avoid nonessential travel due to coronavirus.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of North Macedonia’s authorities.
- Monitor local media and visit the websites of the Government of North Macedonia or Ministry of Health for updated information, including mandatory quarantine measures and travel restrictions which may be implemented with little or no notice.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in North Macedonia.
- Read the Centers for Disease Control’s and Prevention guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19 and information on health conditions in North Macedonia.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Contact the local centers for public health by telephone, prior to visiting a hospital or clinic for medical care, if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks. North Macedonia’s Institute of Public Health has provided contact numbers along with other advice for travelers on their website.
- U.S. Embassy Skopje
Str. “Samoilova” Nr.21
Republic of North Macedonia
+389 2 310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- North Macedonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter