Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia (April 3, 2020)
Location: North Macedonia
Event: NEW: U.S. Embassy Skopje is aware of a potential flight from Skopje to London Luton Airport departing on Monday, April 6, 2020, organized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the British Embassy. At this point we have no further details regarding the flight timing or price.
U.S citizens interested in purchasing a ticket for the potential Skopje to London Luton flight on Monday, April 6, 2020 must email SkopjeACS@state.gov before 5:00pm on Saturday, April 4, 2020. In your email, you must provide a telephone number where we can contact you on Sunday, April 5, 2020 once flight details are available. All travelers are responsible for making their own onward flight arrangements from London Luton Airport. The timing of the Skopje to London Luton flight and the cost are likely to be announced with little notice. Interested travelers should be prepared to make a quick decision.
Remember to check transit requirements for each leg of your trip, as restrictions change frequently. Keep in mind that unexpected flight cancellations, limited flight availability, and transit restrictions have affected many travelers worldwide. If your travel is disrupted en route, please contact your airline to reschedule.
Health screening at borders and before boarding, at transit locations and at final destinations are the responsibility of the airlines and local authorities and may vary. Travelers should be aware that they may be refused onward travel if they have symptoms of illness such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
U.S. Embassy Skopje has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
The State Department issued a Level 4 Global Health Advisory on March 19, 2020, recommending U.S. citizens avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19 or prepare to remain abroad for an indefinite period.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Global Travel Alert to avoid nonessential travel due to coronavirus.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of North Macedonia’s authorities.
- Monitor local media and visit the websites of the Government of North Macedonia or Ministry of Health for updated information, including mandatory quarantine measures and travel restrictions which may be implemented with little or no notice.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in North Macedonia.
- Read the Centers for Disease Control’s and Prevention guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19 and information on health conditions in North Macedonia.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Contact the local centers for public health by telephone, prior to visiting a hospital or clinic for medical care, if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks. North Macedonia’s Institute of Public Health has provided contact numbers along with other advice for travelers on their website.
- U.S. Embassy Skopje
Str. “Samoilova” Nr.21
Republic of North Macedonia
+389 2 310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- North Macedonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter