Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia (March 28, 2020)
Location: North Macedonia
Event: REMINDER: If you are a U.S. Citizen in North Macedonia and want to be notified if commercial flights or evacuation options to the United States become available, provide your information to the U.S. Embassy by completing this online form. Completing this form will enable us to compile accurate information on potential travelers. Currently there is no scheduled flight departing North Macedonia.
REMINDER: The Government of North Macedonia has implemented an expanded nationwide curfew to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Beginning March 28, 2020, on Saturdays and Sundays the curfew is in effect from 4 p.m. to 5 a.m. On Mondays through Fridays the curfew is in effect from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. Additionally, individuals over age 67 are permitted to be outside their homes or places of temporary residence between the hours of 5 a.m. and 11 a.m. only. Individuals under age 18 are permitted to be outside their homes or places of temporary residence between the hours of 12 p.m. and 9 p.m. on weekdays and 12 p.m. and 4 p.m. on weekends. Additional restrictions may be put in place with little or no notice. Monitor local media and visit the websites of the Government of North Macedonia or Ministry of Health for updated information.
U.S. Embassy Skopje has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
The State Department issued a Level 4 Global Health Advisory on March 19, 2020, recommending U.S. citizens avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19 or prepare to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global Travel Alert for coronavirus.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the instructions of North Macedonia’s authorities.
- Monitor local media and visit the websites of the Government of North Macedonia or Ministry of Health for updated information, including mandatory quarantine measures and travel restrictions which may be implemented with little or no notice.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in North Macedonia.
- Read the Centers for Disease Control’s and Prevention guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19 and information on health conditions in North Macedonia.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- Contact the local centers for public health by telephone, prior to visiting a hospital or clinic for medical care, if you believe you may have COVID-19 (or similar symptoms) or were exposed to someone who may have COVID-19 in the last six weeks. North Macedonia’s Institute of Public Health has provided contact numbers along with other advice for travelers on their website.
- U.S. Embassy Skopje
Str. “Samoilova” Nr.21
Republic of North Macedonia
+389 2 310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444