Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia (December 22, 2020)
Location: North Macedonia
Event: The Government of North Macedonia has temporarily suspended all flights to and from the United Kingdom effective December 23 through December 31, 2020.
All passengers arriving in North Macedonia from the United Kingdom, whether by air or land, are subject to a two-week isolation period.
Travelers are advised to contact their airlines or travel agents to confirm any flight changes or cancellations.
Visit the U.S. Embassy in London’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in the United Kingdom.
Actions to Take:
- Follow the travel restrictions on the Government of North Macedonia’s website https://www.vlada.mk/node/23645.
- Monitor local media and visit the Ministry of Health website http://zdravstvo.gov.mk/korona-virus/ for updated information, including mandatory quarantine measures and travel restrictions which may be implemented with little or no notice.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 https://mk.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in North Macedonia.
- Read the Centers for Disease Control’s and Prevention guidelines for the prevention of COVID-19 and information on health conditions in North Macedonia.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information. Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Skopje
Str. “Samoilova” Nr.21
Republic of North Macedonia
+389 2 310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- North Macedonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter