The American Corners in North Macedonia are a partnership between the Public Affairs Section at U.S. Embassy Skopje and local host institutions such as libraries, cultural centers and universities. There are over 400 American Corners around the world that provide welcoming environments where visitors can connect and learn about the United States through books and magazines, Internet access, and engaging in-person and virtual programs.
North Macedonia hosts five American Corners which are located in Bitola, Skopje, Struga, Shtip, and Tetovo, as well as one mobile PopUp Corner. Together they help the public establish a relationship with the United States and develop a deeper understanding of the people of United States through offering:
- Events, workshops and activities on a variety of topics from English Language to 3d printing
- Classes and clubs on socially-relevant themes or demanded skills
- Meetings with U.S. diplomats, other U.S. experts and USG alumni on a range of topics
- Presentations on educational exchange opportunities and educational advising for those who want to study in the U.S.
- Movie showings, trainings, discussions and lectures on relevant topics
Membership is free and open to all. For more specific information, you can contact a Corner near you.
American Corner Skopje
American Corner Tetovo
American Corner Struga
American Corner Bitola
American Corner Shtip