Demonstration Alert – U.S. Embassy Skopje, North Macedonia
(February 26, 2021)
Locations: Announced gathering points include, but are not limited to, the following locations in Skopje, North Macedonia
- Cair Park
- Skopje Criminal Court
- Government Building of the Republic of North Macedonia
Event: Demonstrations are expected to take place on Friday, February 26, 2021 beginning at 1:30 p.m. The families and supporters of “Monster” case defendants intend to protest Skopje Criminal Court’s verdict and sentencing in the case. Demonstrators are expected to march from Cair Park to the Skopje Criminal Court, and then to the Republic of North Macedonia’s Government Building. As a result, a visible police/security force presence is expected throughout Cair and Centar Municipalities. Traffic pattern disruptions are anticipated as a result.
Hristijan Todorovski Karposh Blvd, Cvetan Dimov Street, and John Kennedy Street may be affected near Cair Park. Goce Delcev Blvd and Krste Petkov Misirkov Blvd near Skopje Criminal Court may also be affected. Sections of Goce Delcev Blvd, Kliment Ohridski Blvd, and VMRO Blvd in the vicinity of the Government Building of the Republic of North Macedonia may also see delays or closures.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Keep a low profile.
- Notify friends and family of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Skopje
Str. “Samoilova” Nr.21
Republic of North Macedonia
+389 2 310-2000
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- North Macedonia Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter