October 2, 2017
Diversity Visa-2019 opens for electronic entries at noon, Eastern Daylight Time, Tuesday, October 3, 2017, and closes at noon, Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday, November 7, 2017. Applicants can access the electronic DV entry form (E-DV) at the official website www.dvlottery.state.gov, which has complete instructions.
- There is no fee to enter the program.
- Keep your online confirmation page after you complete your DV entry so that you can check your entry status.
- You should keep a record of your unique confirmation number at least until September 30, 2019. This number is the only way to check if you have been selected.
- You must enroll with a recent photo, taken within the last six months. You will be disqualified if you use an old photo.
- You may only enter once.
- You must check to see if you’ve been selected on May 1, 2019.
- The Department of State will not contact you by email.
- If you get an email telling you you’ve won, it is fraudulent.