The application deadline is Friday, November 18, 2016
The Community Solutions Program is a professional development program for the best and brightest global community leaders working in the fields of transparency and accountability, tolerance and conflict resolution, environmental issues and women’s issues. Community Solutions provides four-month-long fellowships at U.S. community-based non-profit or other organizations, government offices or legislative bodies. Fellows will work with community leaders to enhance their practical expertise, leadership skills and professional contacts to address societal issues in their home communities.
Program Application Details
The Community Solutions Program is conducted as a merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Chosen semi-finalists will be interviewed by a panel and will take the TOEFL exam or submit existing TOEFL scores. Applicants will be considered based on the following criteria:
- Working/volunteering on substantive community projects for non-profits, government offices, or community-based organizations; preference will be given to applicants of local organizations;
- Knowledge of and experience in one or more of the four CSP fellowship themes (Women’s Issues, Transparency & Accountability, Tolerance/Conflict Resolution, and Environmental Issues);
- Leadership experience and potential;
- Professional and program goals;
- Follow-on project idea;
- Intercultural/English language skills;
- Preference will be given to individuals with four (4) months or more academic exchange or professional training experience in the United States.
Logistical information: The program will cover J-1 visa support, round-trip travel from Macedonia to the U.S., accident and sickness insurance, and living expenses for housing and meals during the U.S. exchange.
The application and additional information for the 2017 Community Solutions Program are available online at: www.irex.org/project/community-solutions and https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/community-solutions
Related links are included at the end of this announcement.
- ECA webpage for the Community Solutions Program – https://exchanges.state.gov/non-us/program/community-solutions
- IREX website on the program – www.irex.org/project/community-solutions
- Community Solutions on Facebook – @CommunitySolutionsProgram and @ExchangeProgramsAtState
- Community Solutions on Twitter – @cspecairex and @ECAatState
- Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/groups/csp/